This webinar was recorded for early childhood educators to build on their knowledge and understanding of critical reflection.
The session was hosted by Stephen Gallen, a qualified Early Childhood Teacher, with an undergraduate degree focussing on critical theory and developmental psychology, and post-graduate qualifications in Early Childhood Education. He has nearly 30 years of experience as an educator and in leadership and education roles across long day care, primary and preschool, school aged care and in-home care, working extensively with children from birth to six years. Stephen’s focus is on supporting and empowering educators and organisations around curriculum and pedagogy, and 'demystifying' these sometimes complicated-sounding processes so that they are accessible and authentic.
In the webinar they explored some of the complex and some key issues educators are required to engage with including:
- sensitive conversations with families
- challenging behaviours
- inclusion and Indigenous perspectives
- children with additional needs
- cultural inclusion and diversity
- explore and apply the process of critical reflection
- reflect on respect for diversity and cultural competence
- critically reflect on and evaluate practices
- hear stories of practice from other services
Transcript to come...